The School Dental Program "Neev" would be initiated across Government Schools run by Govt. of NCT of Delhi in Delhi State as a Pilot Project. The Dental Team along with the Mobile Dental Clinic would draw a district plan which would cover different schools round the year.
The primary intention is to
- Promote oral health through Dental Health Education and organize dental check up/ Screening.
- Provide Primary and Secondary Dental care through Mobile Dental Clinic in the Schools.
- And make necessary referrals for advanced care available at Maulana Azad Institute of Dental Sciences.
- The Program would be run for one year during which it would cover all the Public funded schools in any one District, Delhi State (at least 50 schools) and include all children from Class 6th to Class 10th.
- Training and involving Teachers, School authorities and Parents as team members.
- Collaborating ultimately into the existing Health Care system at the school level.
The total expected annual expenditure for the program is Rs. 2, 00, 00,000/-covering more than 80,000 School Children in the One District of the State. The expenditure break up would be broadly:
- Cost of Mobile Dental Clinic (Qty: 02 no.s),
- Cost of Operating Vehicle Mobile Dental Clinic for 210 Working days in a School year, i.e. Diesel and Vehicle Maintenance.
- Manpower Remuneration/Salaries
- Cost of Dental Health Education Material- Posters, Pamphlets
- Cost of Dental Instruments and Consumables and Dental materials
- Cost of Portable Dental chair along with suitcase unit (Qty: 04 no.s).
- Currently the project is under review by the Department of Health and Family Welfare and would be sent to Department of Finance for final approval. This project has been supported by School Health Scheme, which a public program run by the Govt. of Delhi.
- The Rules and regulations for selection of manpower has been already been approved by the Committee and Recruitment will be done centrally.
- The Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) have been formalized procedure wise and the staff would be trained to maintain and follow the SOP’s and maintain all records.
- The process of obtaining the list of Schools and coordinators has been initiated and necessary permissions are been sorted.